The Standard Canada Precancel Catalogue
- Shipping and Handling
5.00 CAD to Canada
Regular Canada Post
Get Additional Rates
- Select Country
- Zip/Post Code
This is the eighth edition, fully edited in Canada. The listings have been extensively revised and updated to reflect current research. Up-to-date pricing, new entries and many new features make this the most comprehensive catalogue on the subject ever published. See full description for more details.
Precancels were a post office device for saving time and money. A sheet of 100 stamps could be precancelled in about the same time it took to cancel a single stamp on an envelope, a savings of 99 operations per 100 stamps. Canada Post officially authorized the use of precancels in the late 1880’s and the last were produced in 1977, thereby covering a period of close to 100 years.
Prized by Philatelists
Growing rapidly in popularity, one of the pleasures of collecting precancels is that additions and expansion of your precancel collection can be made by spending time rather than money. Regardless of the length of time involved in collecting stamps, anyone has an equal chance of discovering the scarcer precancels.
- numbering system based on the established Scott Numbering System
- used throughout North America
- all currently known precancels listed and illustrated by style
- a unique numbering code to identify the various precancels
- illustrated listing of Canadian stamps that exist precancelled
- net market values expressed in Canadian funds
- Bar Precancels identification system developed and established by consultation
- alphabetical listing by Town and City Precancels
- many expanded listings
- 171 pages , spiral bound for easy referencing and approximate 9″ x 6.5″
- “Perfin” precancels revised and priced
Payments & Returns
- Payment Methods
Postage & Shipping
- Item Location
- L0S1V0, Ontario, Canada
- Ships To
- No pick-ups
- Shipping Instructions
- Shipping is by regular mail. If expedited, tracked mailing preferred email email@example.com for quote. Please provide quantity and postal code.
- Returns Accepted
The CP-45, MeasureLoupe™ from the Carson Pro Series, is an 11.5x LED/UV lighted loupe. The built-in reticle is a great tool for measuring and inspecting. Great for engi...
An inside look at the obsessive, secretive, and often bizarre world of high-profile stamp collecting, told through the journey of the world’s most sought-after stamp. R...